- Graduate in Business Administration by the University of Malaga.
- Executive Master in Business Administration by the Instituto Internacional San Telmo (2005).
- Expert in Urban Planning by ESESA (2006).
- Higher diploma in “The succession process in family businesses” [‘El proceso de sucesión en empresas familiares’] (University of Malaga, 2009).
- Master in Personal Applied Coaching (2010).
- Experience as director and founding member of a family business and operations manager of a multinational company.
- Specialisation in the field of Financial Analysis, Company Structure and Human Resources.
Joaquín has been director at GVA & ATENCIA since 2004. He was very young when he began his professional career, combining university and work, in the companies of the family group dedicated to several sectors like leisure, financial data processing, 3D production or marketing and advertising. He has worked in all the departments and ended up managing the financial side of the companies. Before joining GVA & ATENCIA, he was hired by a multinational company in the leisure and games sector in 2010 as operations manager of the south of Spain.
As manager of the firm, Joaquín handles the financial and administration areas, together with human resources and marketing. As Secretary of the Management Board, he participates actively in the preparation of the Strategic Plans of the firm.
Given his professional experience and education, Joaquín’s profile is that of a manager with experience in finances and human resources, with a clear vocation towards making the family business more professional.
As a result, he boasts a comprehensive training in business administration through the graduate and master programmes he studied at the Escuela de Negocios San Telmo, to which he continues closely linked as a member and former student. Joaquín’s expertise also covers the management of people thanks to the Master in Coaching he completed. He also has in-depth knowledge of finances and a great interest for everything pertaining to the family business, due to, on the one hand, the experience of having lived it in person (both in the personal and professional spheres) and on the other, through research for the preparation of his thesis on succession as a key factor of success in family businesses.